Ok, I have had about enough of this cold weather and snow, how about you? I am tired and my back is telling me to take a break. I can’t wait for spring and summer to arrive so I can get outside and start rooting softwood cuttings again. To get our plant propagation juices flowing I have decided to give away a book of your choice about plant propagation.
Simply use the supplied Amazon search on the right or the links on the right or just below to browse for the book you would like and post a comment below telling me the name, price, and author so I know exactly which one you want. You can also let me know why you chose that particular book if you would like too. That’s pretty much it! At the end of the contest, I will choose one winner from everyone who has left a comment. I will then contact them via email, get the correct shipping address, and send the book absolutely free of charge!
Now for a few contest rules:
- Contests is open to US and Canadian residents only and void where prohibited
- The book must be about plant propagation ONLY. No other subjects qualify.
- Only one book will be awarded even if its price is well below the $25.00 limit
- My decision is final but I reserve the right to choose an alternate winner in the event that the original cannot be reached
- The value of the book cannot exceed $25.00 excluding shipping
- You can comment as many times as you would like, but spamming me with comments to win may result in deletion of all comments and remove you from the contest
- Liking on Facebook or Tweeting about the contest will add a little weight to your comment (see below) so be sure to let me know when you leave a comment that you have done so (following me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or friending me is even better!)
- Comments are worth 1 point, tweets and likes are worth 1 point each. The winner will be obviously be the one with the most points : )
- Leaving a comment and link on another gardening or plant propagation blog about the contest will also get you an added (secret) prize if you win, so be sure to let me know where you did it, just remember to not spam another blog just to win…you will be disqualified for that too…
- Must be 18 or over to enter
That’s not too much to ask now is it?
I just did a quick search on Amazon myself and here are just a few books I found that qualify, and it took less than 30 seconds to find them:
- American Horticultural Society Plant Propagation: The Fully Illustrated Plant-by-Plant Manual of Practical Techniques
- Plant Propagation A to Z: Growing Plants for Free
- Plant Propagator’s Bible
- Secrets of Plant Propagation: Starting Your Own Flowers, Vegetables, Fruits, Berries, Shrubs, Trees, and Houseplants
- Creative Propagation
The contest will end March 4, 2011 at 5pm Eastern time. Any comments after 5pm will not be counted! I will notify the winner as soon as they are chosen so be sure to leave a good email address when commenting. After successfully contacting the winner, I will post a comment letting everyone know who it is.